Grilling Method, Tips, and Tricks
Are you new to grilling? Don’t worry. It is not that difficult as you think. If you get the method, you won’t find it complicated. This article is to help newbies with the way to grill and certain tips and tricks you can make use of while grilling.
Let’s get started.
How to use your Grill?
For those people who are using charcoal grills, You must empty the ashes of your last grilling before starting a new session. Be it charcoal grill or propane grill, both have to be preheated before using.
It is very easy to turn on the gas grills. But you have to make sure that the lid is open while lighting the grill. You will need a chimney starter to light your charcoal grill. Avoid using lighter fluid to light your charcoal grill.
You may find it as a quick method, but it will add a chemical taste to your food. If it is a propane grill, let it heat for at least 10 minutes and if it is a charcoal grill, you have to heat it for at least 20 minutes.
You can use a brass-wire brush to scrape off the grease and other wastes from the grates after preheating.
At the beginning of the grilling session itself, you have to give a very good scrape. Also, give a quick brush before and after your grilling session. It is better to leave the grease on the grate after you grill your last meal for the summer or fall. This will prevent rusting over the winter. You can also use aluminum foil if you do not have a brush. After cleaning your grill, you have to oil the grate by grabbing an oiled paper towel with some long tongs. Also, make sure to wipe it over the bars. Use an oil with high smoking temperature like canola. Your grill will be now hot and the grate will be clean. Now you won’t have to worry about your food sticking on the grill and you will also get that classy grill lines.
Tips and Tricks
- Flipping your meat or vegetables quite often will avoid losing juices during turning. Use tongs or spatula for flipping rather than forks.
- Ideally, flip each item once during the grilling process. You must limit the number of flips.
- Avoid pressing down on burgers, chicken or anything with a spatula while they’re grilling. The juices will squeeze out by doing this and if it happens, your food has lost its taste. You can juggle if you feel very bored standing long waiting for the grilling to complete.
- Soak some wood chips in water for a while and then throw them onto your charcoal and cover the grill for great smoky flavor. You can use hickory, oak, or other hardwoods for wood chips, but avoid treated lumber. If you are using a propane gas grill, put them into your smoker box following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Toss herbs directly onto the charcoal while you’re grilling to infuse grilled foods with herb essence. You can soak the herbs in water and place them on the grate before putting your food on top of them if you are using a gas grill.
- Basting your meat or vegetables can be kept for last. Thus the sugars in your marinade or sauce won’t have time to caramelize or burn
- If it is raining or cold outdoors, you can use a contact grill or grill pan to grill indoors.
If you are looking for other BBQ Tips and Tricks, Check the link